If you’re thinking about getting new flooring in your kitchen, you should know that pretty soon you’ll be looking for reasons to spend more time in there. What better reason than to try out a new recipe? Here’s one of our favorites, courtesy of spoonforkbacon.com.
ARTICHOKE, SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND GOAT CHEESE PASTA
1 lb cavatappi pasta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ½ yellow onion, diced
10 baby artichokes, cleaned, trimmed and cut into quarters
¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips 1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup dry white wine
1 cup goat cheese
salt and pepper to taste garnish: flat leaf parsley, minced
1. Bring a large pot filled with water to a boil, over high heat.
2. Drop the pasta into the boiling water with a generous amount of salt and stir.
3. Continue to cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta, reserving one cup of pasta water and set aside.
5. In a large nonstick pan heat the oil over medium-high heat.
6. Sauté the onion for 3 minutes or until slightly translucent.
7. Add the artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes and continue to sauté for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add the garlic and wine and reduce until the liquid has almost disappeared.
9. Add the pasta to the artichoke mixture and toss together.
10. Pour the reserved pasta water over the pasta and reduce by half.
11. Stir in ½ the goat cheese until slightly melted. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Top with remaining goat cheese and parsley and serve.
Visit their blog at http://spoonforkbacon.com